- Research & Development of OEM / Aftermarket Automotive Accessories
- European Owned with OEM Culture and Global Presence
- Headquarter in Frederikssund, Denmark with production sites in Denmark, Thailand and the USA
- R&D Teams in Denmark and Australia
About The Company
Mountain Top is a market leader in developing and manufacturing accessories for the pickup segment within automotive industry. We cover all genuine major brands in the industry and our partners and customers are Ford, Toyota, VW, Hyundai, Nissan etc. The company is growing rapidly as our successful brand and quality is reaching global acknowledgement.
About The Role
Mountain Top (Denmark) is looking for a R&D Manager to join our team in Frederikssund, Denmark and lead the Research & Development function on our global growth journey.
The focus of the R&D team evolves around creating customer bespoke design and innovations and develop own products. The product line supports Mountain Top’s aspiration of being the leading company of automotive accessories, with an eye for functionality, design with long lasting durability.
- Managing the local team of design engineers
- Develop and grow a strong & competent R&D team
- Ensure team consistency and low staff turnover through strong team coherence and engagement
- Improve and define cross-functional collaboration throughout the organization
- Work through the Mountain Top Leadership Model
- Ensure workload and task match resources and competences
- Establish and Track Training/Development Plans
- Nurture the collaboration between the team members in Denmark and Australia and working closely together with PMO in Denmark and the Technical Manager in Australia
- Managing Project Timelines and reporting to both local and global management teams on project status
- Guide design engineers on testing and troubleshooting of new/existing designs
- Liasson with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects into production
- Support the sales and development teams with project timelines and OE level project reporting to ensure new opportunities can be driven forward at a local level
- Preparation of approval documents in line with global OEM practices and IATF/ISO standards.
- Concept validation via calculations and FEA
- Motivating leader who creates a good atmosphere and an inspiring working environment
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to convey ideas and processes
- Proven track record as a manager of a technical team
- Background as a mechanical engineer or similar professional ballast with understanding of automotive technologies with minimum 5 years of experience
- Have a creative personality that will take actively part in finding innovative solutions that customers will recognize an added value in combining functionality and aesthetic
- You have experience in designing in different materials, such as aluminum (extruded and cast parts), plastic (injection molded), metal in general (sheet metal for bracketry and similar), and rubber (both extruded and cast)
- Demonstrated flexibility and open-mindedness around change; positive, can-do attitude
- You are detail oriented and see tasks all the way through until they are 100% completed ensuring a highly structured and quality result
- Ability to travel on occasions depending on requirements
- Knowledge about the automotive industry standards regarding parts approvals (PPAP, PSW, ECR, and similar) to complete the projects with OEM customers is essential
- Ideally you will have CAD competences
This position would suit a self-motivated individual with the willingness to work with a dynamic and growing team.